Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck?

Who needs to tree a squirrel or a raccoon when you can tree a woodchuck. That's what we found in our tree yesterday morning with Ellie standing at the roots barking up a storm! She was so extremely proud of her accomplishment and she was letting us hear it all morning. Kendall and I didn't know for sure what it was as it was hidden by leaves from our view out the living room window. However, when we finally went outside and got a better view we decided it had to be a woodchuck and Scott confirmed our conclusion! I had to take some pictures and show everybody. It spent most of the morning in the tree and finally disappeared after we let Ellie inside for the afternoon.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize woodchucks could
climb, so I guess that's a myth
that's been proven wrong!
Grandma B.

Anderson said...

I didn't realize they did either. He/she looked pretty frightened and uncoordinated up there. So, I'm guessing it's not a usual stunt.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to ask the pro hunter in the family. I didn't know they could climb either!! How funny!!