Friday, May 25, 2007

Bears, Interviews, Cows, and a Brother-In-Law




Hey everybody! Hope all is going well! I figured since I've been here a week I should write a little something telling everybody what I've been up to. Now I know Kim posted something about me taking long naps, however, that is not true. I will admit that on Thursday I did take an extremely long nap, but that has been the only one!

This week I've been driving around nonstop it seems. Monday night I headed towards Thief River Falls to eat dinner with my cousin Stephanie, Teresa, Aunt Karen, Savanna and Daniel, and some of Stephanie's friends (including my friend Gretchen). It was pretty dark when I started heading back to the Anderson's and on one of the roads I had something run out in front of me. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am almost positive that it was a bear and a cub! I could see it's eyes and they were close to the ground and completely black behind them and it was a little lighter in the face in front of the eyes. It could have been a dog I suppose, but, with the way it was running I just don't think that is what it wasy. And, it makes for a better story to say it was a bear for sure! Anyway, Tuesday afternoon I had an interivew in East Grand Forks with the veterinary clinic I did an internship with last summer. Kim, Jacob, and I ventured that way and I went to my interview and then we all went shopping afterwards. Wednesday morning I had another interview with the veterinary clinic around Kim's area. Then, that night I drove to Grygla, which is about 45 minutes away, to my friend Gretchen's house to visit and see their new house. I wasn't planning on staying the night there, but they had a cow down and were having the vet. come out so I was all game to watch what was going on. The vet. gave the cow IV fluids, a shot, and then stomach tubed her and gave her about 7 gallons of water (which isn't a lot for a cow). We all helped out and struggled keeping her quiet through it all and then at the end, the cow didn't make it. So we were out there for a couple hours I suppose and didn't get back in till around midnight. All of that brings me to my LONG nap on Thursday!

Anyway, here's a couple pictures of Kim's calander. I had written the things I had going on during the week and then Scott decided to add one of his own! Hope you can read our writing, if not, just ask!

4 comments:

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Kendall, I got excited there for a second thinking that Scott's entry on the calendar was his way of announcing that you accepted a job!!

Anonymous said...

As many of you know gas has risen in recent times. Some are attributing it to refineries, oil prices, demand, middle east tension and so on, but lets face it i think we have found the real reason.....Another Rankin girl on the road!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't get it

Anonymous said...

you don't get the calander thing Gail? If so, it is funny because I had written my schedule down on there and then a couple days later I noticed Scott had written it.

KMR