Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Nake! A Nake!

Monday afternoon Ben and I went outside to finish weeding the raspberry patch. Yes, I helped and I was not forced to. I volunteered! I am showing Ben that I do not mind working outside with him as long as it is not 95 degrees outside! I also have to say that he got a little peeved at me when I went downstairs to put 'work clothes' on which consisted of his shirt and windpants! Sorry, I could not get my own clothes dirty! Anyway we were weeding when Ben told me to look at something which resulted in me screaming that there was a snake on the ground right by his foot.


Now, even though it was just a little bitty snake I was sure it was a cobra. I have watched the Nature channel and although they do not live in this area I was still sure it was one because it had the flappy things on the side of its head. I was freaking out and Ben kept assuring me that it was only a hog snake and that I was being ridiculous. He starts poking it and I kept telling him he better stop or it was going to bite him. Even though it was not venomous I knew if it bit him it would probably not let go and just hang there off he leg! Then he would pass out because if he cannot handle shots how could he handle a snake hanging off his leg?


After, he told me that I had to much of an imagination he proceeded to move the snake into the wooded area behind the house.


But before he did I ran to the house for the camera so that I would have something to blog about! I am sorry the pictures are not so clear. I was having problems with our ancient digital camera and started pushing buttons which I am sure messed up the focus. Hopefully, you get the picture. I would also like to thank Ella for the title! If you all don't know the story she caught a caterpillar and called it a Nake! So cute!

I really am sorry the pictures are so fuzzy, they are making me go cross eyed at the moment!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dear!
Sometimes my camera does that if I've messed with enough of the features. I just go in and reset it to the original default and then its all better til I hose it up again.
:) Alissa

Anonymous said...

You should write books. Bet you could sell millions. I like the way you write your blogs.
a

Anderson said...

Nice post Kori! That snake looks FREAKY!!! Pretty sure my husband would be making me sweep it up with a rake and move it. However, I'm not sure I'd have the guts for that!
For those requesting a picture of Dave, I think Jen emailed me one of his back while he and Ashley were dancing. I'm completely bummed that we didn't all get a picture together!
And, thank you for the Anniversary wishes! I spent the day at home with my sick son and have a ton of papers to grade as a result, my husband was gone all evening and all day, and the french silk pie I bought as a treat for us is freezer burnt! Not such a happy anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Kori I have those creeping crawling feeling all over now!!! I hate snakes and yours looks really ugly and gross!! Please, no more nake pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

who is the anonymous?? but cute pictures..not really cute..cause snakes are gross....can't wait to see you!! love ya!

kendall

Alissa said...

Hey Kendall if you are asking about the anonymous "a" its me. Friend of both Kimmie and Kori. I graduated (H.S.) with Scott and am good friends with Amy (Nicks wife.)
I think we've met... maybe.
Alissa