Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring? Break in Minnesota

Mark and I traveled up to Minnesota after Easter for a three-day visit with Scott, Kim, Jacob and Kendall. We got to keep Jacob on Thursday and Friday, went to Kendall's apartment one evening, had a wonderful supper at Scott's parents' house and got to know Jacob, the almost-fifteen month old toddler. He was a little different than he was when we made the trip in December. Then he would keep himself occupied with books and toys and now he keeps himself occupied with cattle magazines and any electronic equipment he can get to before you catch him!! I swear this child looks to see if there is a cord attached and if there is, he is interested! It doesn't matter if it's the alarm clock, the computer, the vacuum cleaner, etc., he runs for it and screams at you if you pull him away. Oh yeah, if any of you got a call from Kim's cell phone on Saturday, it was Jacob!!! He was having the best time pushing the buttons and when I finally got the phone away from him, I looked and he had called Grandma Budke, Kyle and Jen, I believe.

He sometimes is a little picky about what he eats but he does love his apples! Grandpa sliced an apple for him one day and he was satisfied with that, but the next day he would have nothing to do with the slices. He had to have the whole apple!!


And then there was the day that Kim had to vacuum!! She told me that Jacob loves the vacuum cleaner but I made the mistake of letting him put his hand on the handle and push it back and forth. It didn't take him long to push his mother out of the way and take control of the vacuum, even though it was almost too heavy for him to handle by himself!!! That didn't stop him, though, and Kim is not real happy with me now because he thinks he needs to be doing the vacuuming!!! (I've got a video of him vacuuming that I will post as soon as I figure out how to do it!)


Anyway, it was a great trip, in spite of a day or two of sickness for Jacob and me, and I just realized that we didn't see any snow fall while we were there (although Kim and Kendall said it did blizzard for a bit during the night before we left)! And we are all looking forward to seeing "The Kid" and his parent(s) in June (I'll have my vacuum cleaner ready for him to use)!!
Grandma Cooper

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is sooo darn cute! I can't believe how big he has gotten since Christmas! Thanks for posting the pics ruthie!

Gail

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Mom!!

Love ya!

Kendall

Anonymous said...

Ok Scott you have to put an end to this, if he starts vacuuming where is it going to end? Next thing you know they are going to want us to start vacuuming...that cant happen.

H.U.R.L

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.