Saturday, April 26, 2008

Grill Master

As a result of our love for grilling and with the help of gift cards from family members, Scott and I purchased our first gas grill last weekend. It is amazing (yes, we're that excited about it)!
In the past, my timing has been tested on nights I've decided to grill. During the summer, Scott sometimes does not walk through the door until 9:30pm or later. So, in order for us to grill out, I had to start the charcoal at least a half an hour before Scott thought he would be done in the field, but still allow him time to make his way back to the farm with equipment. Then, if the charcoal wasn't ready, we would have to postpone supper even later, which resulted in us not grilling out as often as we like because of the hassle.
This grill has relieved me of the stress that always came with getting supper done at the perfect time. It's ready to go in less than ten minutes and everything we've grilled so far has tasted great! I never knew grilling could be so carefree and fun!
Our grilling experience, however, has been cut short. We cooked on the grill every night this spring, but spring seems to have ended a little early and summer has been skipped. Last night we enjoyed a tender sirloin steak, grilled to perfection. Scott closed the lid and shut the propane off, just as winter decided to greet us again.
I took a picture of our new grilling machine this morning. It's really too bad that all you can see are the nobs.



This picture didn't come out as well as I had hoped. It's a robin whose wings are covered in snow. It, and a few others, were, in my mind, trying to find shelter from the tremendous wind gusts and blowing snow we've had all night and morning. Sort of ironic, I thought. It sounds as though this weather is to continue for us throughout this evening! Funny, I thought it was April showers that brought May flowers, not April blizzards! Silly me!

Hope you all are enjoying your beautiful spring weather with green grass and blooming tulips!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up with the Comment Page? I've tried to leave comments on this page and Kelly's and they never get published!!

Anonymous said...

That previous comment is from me. If I previewed my comments and then clicked on "Publish" they were never got published. This time, I didn't preview it, I just hit Publish. I just didn't want you guys to think no one was reading your blogs. Mom

Anonymous said...

What can I say regarding anonymous'
comments?Why would anyone preview a
comment before publishing it in the first place!!!!I really enjoyed
the latest blog from the northern
folk and the photo of the Anderson
grill all wrapped in a blanket of
SNOW; but I really am filled with
more than a little guilt when I
look out my computer room window
to see hostas unfurling with white
candytuft blooming in my back
border and red and yellow tulips in
full bloom in the garden. The forsythia is leafing out and the lilacs are bloomimg,too. Do you have MORE snow in your forecast,
Kim? Just curious!!
Love to all and a BIG hug to that
little boy!!!
Love, Grandma Budke