Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter (A day early)!!!!

The girls spent Friday night with us and today we spent pretty much the whole day (well, til mid-afternoon) making an Easter Rabbit cake and cheesecake mini Easter baskets. Now I remember why I didn't do this when my girls were little!!! And it wasn't because of them, it was because of my non-artistic abilities and lack of patience in putting things together!! (Well, a little bit might have been because of the girls, if I have to be honest!) But I have to say, I think we did a pretty good job today! The girls were happy, we all had sticky fingers, and I was exhausted!!





The girls weren't putting anything together here but they were doing an important job--they were tasting the different colored jelly beans to make sure they were putting the right ones on the mini baskets!!! I had bought some of those "gourmet" jelly beans and the girls enjoyed looking at the package and trying to find the jelly beans to match the colors and tasting them. They didn't really like the Coffee flavor and they said one of the red ones was really hot!! I'm not sure if more jelly beans went on the baskets or in them!



Now here they were actually putting the baskets together. Some had multiple colors of jelly beans and some were color specific (that was Emma's doing). I think, after looking at this picture again, that Ella was probably still in the tasting mode! She did that alot!!





Anyway, we hope you all have a great Easter, and we're going to miss you guys from the North Country!!! BUT, five more days until we see you!!! Can't wait!

Love, Mom




4 comments:

Anderson said...

So not fair!!! We never got to do these fun things when we were little!!
I want to "thank" all of you for not eating this at Easter. Mom said she's bringing it up to Minnesota now!
It looks awesome though. How fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I ate it!! I lopped an ear off with the knife and ate it....and it was good!!

Happy Easter!!

Anonymous said...

Ruth brought me a couple of the baskets along with a full dinner
plate and one of dessert!!! The baskets were yummy, except one of
the "eggs" was a HOT one!Since I had had an unpleasant experience with a "hot pocket" calzone, I felt it was better that I stay here where the john was close by.
I've never had one of those calzones so I think the sauce was
the cause of my discomfort.I guess
I'll need to remember that as I get
older,so too does everything else!!!
I hope the heating pad helped your
back.I find mine gets more use now
than it ever did:back, knees,hips,
you name it ,if it pains me, it
gets the heat treatment!!

Anonymous said...

Ruth the cake was good, i did eat a bite of it too! The baskets were way cute and the cake....well who knew you were artistic?? I could never had put that together.

Gail