Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Grinch; Played By The Green Pepper

Okay, so you may really have to use your imagination for this one, but humor us please! I harvested our first Green Bell Pepper today! Scott and I never have much luck with pepper plants in our garden, but this morning, I discovered a tiny, deformed pepper just waiting to be picked! I showed it to Scott and we both chuckled...proudly though! Scott's first words were, "It looks like a person. It looks like the Grinch!" I'm sure the camera didn't quite capture the face we were seeing, but I gave it a shot! Our first ever Green Bell Pepper, officially named "The Grinch" and yes, it tastes good too!



3 comments:

Grandma Budke said...

Don't you love the first harvest of
anything...regardless of how it looks,it's the taste that counts!!!
My first tomato was malformed, but
it sure tasted great,all sun-warmed and saltless,eaten in the garden...YUM!!!
I'll have the daylillies potted up for you,so be sure you have room to take them back after Popcorn Fest, okay?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being able to grow green peppers!!! And they are so easy to freeze -- I just chop mine up and throw them into a freezer bag. Then I can just grab a handful to throw into sauces, etc. Were your green beans ready when you got home, or past ready? We're still eating the ones Mark brought home. He roasted some the other night on our grill pan, alongside steaks, and they were good. Different, but good!!

Anderson said...

Thank goodness, we didn't miss the green beans while we were gone. They still aren't quite ready yet. We have tomatoes and tiny cucs now, too. Of course, every weed in our garden grew a foot so you can guess what I'm busy with this week. I should have worked that into a deal for Kendall staying with us...she weeds the garden for rent! HA!
Grandma, I'm anxious to get those daylilies. Only about five of mine are blooming.