Saturday, July 21, 2007

Apt 2B Continued...

This is the dining room wall...with one coat of paint on it. I don't think you can tell that it has the peachish tint to it.
The kitchen, which has been painted and I believe is done. It also has the peachish tint paint on it, but just doesn't look as bad.
And the living room with one coat of paint on it and a cleaner carpet!
My bedroom completely done. Please do not mind my grossness..I know I look horrible so nobody needs to comment on it!!
And last but not least..Kim's spill in my bedroom.


OKAY....so here are some new pictures of the walls painted. In my bedroom we are COMPLETELY done..YAY!!! The other rooms, however, we are having some trouble in. Last night we were at some friends' house and I really liked the paint in her bedroom, so she told us the name of it and that she got it at the Hardware Store. Today Kim and I went in there to get the paint and we had decided that I would want to go one lighter than what Janelle had in her room, so we found what she had and saw what was lighter and I said let's go for it and Kim said "Oh, I think it is too pinkish than what you are wanting." Well, of course I just kind of let her comment slide because I knew I liked the one a little darker than it. I should not have let it slide. I don't know if you will be able to see the color that well in the picture, but I believe it has a tint of pinkish/peach in it. Kim thinks it looks really good in the kitchen but thinks it is too bright in the dining room area. She doesn't think it is that bad in the living room, but it still has that tint to it. SOOO...Kim fixed up a concoction of the two colors I have to make a tanner color that both her and I think will look better. Our hopes is to make enough of that to make the second coat in the living room and dining room. Have I mentioned I am just not too good at all of this stuff???? Anyway, hope you can see some difference in the picture of today from the ones I posted yesterday. Oh, the bottom pictures, I need to explain. Kim was giving me a hard time all day about how when I pour paint out I make such a mess, so the simple solution was to just have her pour which she did. Well, Kim was finishing doing the trim in the kitchen and I went in the bedroom to start putting the second coat on. Eventually I run out of paint and need to open up a new gallon, so I get Kim to pour it for me. Kim comes in, sits down, scoots the gallon closer to her and spills the paint all over her and the floor. It was HILARIOUS!!! Sooo..that explains that last pictures. :) Love you lots and miss you tons!! *Kendall*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks A LOT better!!! I can't really tell that it's pinkish, and it might be good if you can make it more tannish, just because that would be more neutral. Will you be able to get the paint out of the carpet? I'm assuming that you'll be moving furniture in tomorrow (Sunday)? I can't wait to see those pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall!!
The apartment looks nice. I know it will look awesome after you get your furniture and decorations up and I can't wait to see pictures after you've moved in and have everything in place. I hope you enjoy your new spot and don't get too lonely!!!

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Grandma Budke said...

Hey, Kendall, the apartment is
looking better and better,as you
are getting closer to moving in. I assume that would have been Sunday
simply because you are sooo anxious
to have your own place. I don't
blame you and can hardly wait to see how it looks with furniture in
it!!!