Friday, July 20, 2007

Apt 2B Please

Okay, this is what it looks like right when you walk into the door....KITCHEN!!!
And this is the living room from the view of the kitchen..and that's my leg cause I was trying to jump and be in the air when Kim took the picture, didn't quite work out how I would have liked.
This is in between the kitchen and living room and we are looking at the door where you walk into my apartment. This is where my kitchen table will be making its home. :)
This is the gross gross living room which WILL BE CUTE if it's the last thing Kim and I do!!
And this is my lovely bathroom...very cute and simple..okay..maybe just simple..but it will be cute also..we just have to give it all a little bit more time!!


Hey hey hey everybody!!! So this is going to be a short and sweet blog because I spent all afternoon and night working on my new APARTMENT!!! Yes, that's right, I finally got a place of my own! YAY!!! Kim, Scott, and I have been busy cleaning, priming, painting, and running the carpet cleaner all night tonight in hopes to make the apartment a bit more livable so we can move my stuff in tomorrow. So far we have cleaned the walls, primed my bedroom, the living room, and half of the dining room. We also have put the first coat of paint on in my bedroom and Kim has done the first round of carpet cleaning in the living room (I believe she only needs to do it a few more times). The people who lived there before me were heavy heavy smokers so the walls are horrible and the carpet is disgusting. The whole place smelled of smoke also. Thankfully the electric company got my electricity turned on right away (I called on Thursday afternoon and they had it on by the time I got home from work on Friday...which when I turned on the light and saw it actually switched on, I did my first official lil' jig in my new apartment). Anyway...these picture are before we did any priming of the room or cleaning. The one of my bedroom didn't turn up and we didn't get one of the spare bedroom..so you will only get to see those when they are nice and cute!! I know they look disgusting, but even after the prime was put on the walls looked 100% better, so it can only go up from there! Love you lots and miss you tons!!!! *Kendall*

4 comments:

Grandma Budke said...

I am soooo happy that you have a place of your own, Kendall!!!I know you'll have fun fixing it up
and getting rid of the smokers stink. I don't have any suggestions
for getting that smell out of the
carpets...maybe baking soda or some
of that stuff you use on pet stains, but I'm certain there are more solutions available today than
I can think of.Are you under some
constraints when it comes to paint-
ing the walls or can you use any
colors you wish? Sounds like a nice-sized apartment,too.
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! It really doesn't look too bad, well maybe a few area rugs will help, and definitely some paint. That will do wonders. The kitchen IS really big, and I think some rugs in there will help (cover up that linoleum!!). It looks like you've got a lot of wall-space to fill. Hope the stuff you took will fill some of that up. AND it looks like you've got a lot of space for your two friends, Moose AND CHESTER!!!!!! Chester is right here by my computer desk, wondering when she gets to go to her new home. You don't need a bed for her --- she's taken to an empty box standing on end here in the basement and sleeps in that now. (She just this moment went into it!!!) I can't wait to see more pictures!!! Hurry with them! Mom

Anonymous said...

So it really isn't that bad right? And for the paint, they would prefer me to do neutral colors. I'm painting my bedroom and the spare bedroom a medium brown color and the living room and kitchen I will paint in a light tan/brown color. I am just so stinkin excited to get things painted to I can hang my decorations that I have!! Last night before we left I had to go around and say "And this is where I will put this...and this is where I will put this..." SO excited!! Love you! Kendall

Anonymous said...

Trust me! Paint and a good carpet cleaning makes everything look TONS better. One other thing you might want to consider is having a professional carpet cleaner do your carpets before you move in. It's not expensive at all (maybe $100 for your apartment) and their vacuums are SO much stronger....they'll get all of that smoke smell out of the carpet for the most part.

Anyways, I'm very excited for you!! I can't wait to see the after-pictures!

Love you!
Kel