Saturday, June 2, 2007

Yes we are still alive!!

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still alive!!! Ben is taking his sweet time choosing an internet company so I finally got a library card and brought my laptop in to do some homework, check the blog, and my hotmail. I have taken several pictures of the dogs( just to let you know Fred is blind in the left eye and is going blind in the right), also pictures of the house and garden, we started consruction in the living room!!!!! the wanscoting is gone and also the wallpaper!!! These people put the wallpaper up before the trim, there are also some holes in the wall so we have our work cut out for us!!! Hopefully handyman Ben(ha ha)will will keep his word and finish this project!!! I brought my memory disk in with me to post the pictures but I guess I need something else because there does not seem to be a hole to stick it in!!!! So I will have to try again later!!
As for Leah and Moose they are doing great. Moose has finally figured out how to get in the house through the cat door but cannot figure out how to get outside from inside. Kendall, he must get his brains from you!!! He also is a pig!! He eats his food and the dog food!!! Leah and Moose get along great. Leah has become the expert fetcher!!! She carries the ball everywhere. She has gotten in trouble twice now. Once for eating my ballet slippers(Ben was thrilled!) and for digging holes in the kennel, this is still continuing!!! So I am afraid she will be gettinga shock collar till she stops. She digs a hole then puts stuff in it. It is kinda funny and Moose loves to lay in the holes!
I would also like to say that Ben is an idiot for wanting 5 acres. Mowing would be fine in the neighbors didn't mow every other freakin day!!! I promise they are out there 2 times a week mowing or trimming their yard so in the end ours always look like crap!!! It does not help that my husband could care less about how high the grass gets!!!! So in the end I am trying to keep up with the Jones' and he is not!!! Well there ya go!! Next time I will post the 20 pictures that go with all of this!!!! BUBYE!

6 comments:

Grandma Budke said...

So nice to hear from the country-
folk from Indiana with their NICE
big acreage. The drawback is all
that grass must be kept mowed and
trimmed, regularly, right,Kori???
Maybe the neighbors have a schedule
to keep,do you reckon?
Has Ben started a garden(organic,of
course) yet?I spotted my very first
green tomato on my Early Girl plant
today as I was out deadheading the
flowers. I have three tomato plants
including that one,a Better Boy and
a cherry or grape variety. They
seem to be doing well, I planted them with eggshells for calcium and
lots of water!!!
The perrenials look good and the
roses are blooming..if I only had
everything weeded and mulched.
Gardening takes a lot of time and
money and lots more muscle than I
have. Greg Meeker has been helping
but now that school is out he's
gone to visit his grandparents in
Arkansas for the next ten days to
two weeks and Vicki has an injury
to her right wrist. I'll have to
find another strong youngster in
order to get everything done but I pay well, so we'll see.
Your Uncle Chris has been follow-
ing the Rankin Girls' and Jacob's
blogs and since he suffers from
a feeling of isolation began one of his own. The address is: www.
budkesouth.blogspot.com. You might
give it a look-see and make a comment..He includes photos,too.
Sorry to hear about Fred's vision.
How old is he in people years,
anyway?
Love to you both,
Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

Kori, You're so funny!!! I thought that maybe Ben would be up to taking care of the acreage, but guess not. If you could just get the mowing down to once a week, that wouldn't be bad. Has he planted all those seeds, yet? Let's hope he likes to garden more than he likes to mow!!!

Anonymous said...

haha....this whole blog had me cracking up! What would we all do without the entertainment Kori and Ben give us! I will be SO excited to see your house once you have made some changes..and I'm sure once all the work is done it will be completely worth it! I'm also SO happy to hear that Leah and Moose are good friends! Your stories of them crack me up! And for Fred...well..I've talked to you on the phone about the poor guy..haha! Love you guys and can't wait to see ya again!
Love
Kendall

Anonymous said...

Kori,
I can't wait to see more pictures of your place. Stacy and I will have to plan a weekend visit. Maybe I can take a half a day on a Friday. Getting time off is a struggle some times, someone is always gone. Take care and get Ben mowing!!

Love you,
Aunt Gail
PS if you need a replacment for Fred I've got just the dog for you!!

Anderson said...

Hey Gail!
How 'bout a trip to Minnesota for you and Stacy. Since you got our hopes up for Memorial weekend and didn't show!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim,
We still want to do that too. I just don't have a whole lot of PTO right now so I have to build it up. Maybe in August!! But I am anxious to see little Jacob, you Scott and Kendall!!

Take Care,
Gail