Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rollin' On The River With Cletus! Oops, I Mean Creedence

A couple weekends ago a bunch of us met up in Fargo and went to a Kenny Chesney concert. We all had so much fun! There were two opening acts: Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert. I think I was more excited about those two than Kenny Chesney (not that he wasn't AWESOME as well, but I just love the other two).

Gretchen, Kim, and I drove down to Fargo early Saturday morning in order to get some shopping done and eat lunch at the Olive Garden(when you live so far away from restaurants, you get VERY excited about going to a city that has some good ones!). We made it down there right around lunch so we ate quick and then met up with our friends Noel and Ryan at the Fargodome to get our tickets and then met up with Jen and checked into our hotel room and THEN we finally got to get a little bit of shopping done! After that we went to our hotel bar where we met up with Jessie and Dusty and had a few beers, ate some appetizers, and then headed up to the hotel to get all dolled up!
Top night girls (and boys), TOP NIGHT!! :)
Love ya!
Kendall


Gretta and me getting ready for the concert!!!

Jen and Jes getting ready while Ryan mans the music on the laptop!

The bathroom was so crowded with all of us girls getting ready, we had to improvise a bit..I'm standing on the toilet curling my hair!


The Girls!
(Jes, Jen
me, Gretchen, Kim)
Us on the bus to the concert! Our hotel provided a bus that shuttled to and back from the Fargodome..it cost five dollars but worth it!

LADY ANTEBELLUM!!!! LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM!!!
By the way Mom and Dad, the middle guy is your future son-in-law!!

Jes and Dusty :)


Noel: Pre-concert..he wasn't too stoked about it!


Gretta and me...there was a really sad song!


Miranda Lambert!!!!


Kim and Jen!! Though it appears Kim can barely keep her eyes open,
she barely drank a thing all night...she had to play mom for all of us!

Here comes KENNY CHESNEY!!!!!

He floated up out of nowhere and over the crowd to the stage...awesome!

Jen was getting ready to watch "Twilight" when she got home!
She had to get her face ready for the vampires!


A little softer side of Jen...or maybe she's just picked out her next victim!

Kenny...from a distance....

A little happier Noel! Yay for beer!

Gretchen was pouting cause they didn't play her favorite song!! :P



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS. THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY.

KORI

Anonymous said...

Ok so we dont have to take the blog away and give it to a deserving blogger now that you are using it.

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks for brightening my day Cletus....oh I mean Kendall!!!!!!!!

I am laughing so hard!!! Good times, good times!!!!!!!! :)

Wang-Bang thank you Chang!
Love ya!!!
~Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kendall....I think we could have done without one or two of those pics. (good cover-up with the captions)

Love Ya!!

~Gretchen

Grandma Cooper said...

Wow!!! Looks like you guys had WAY TOO much fun!! I've never been head over heels for Kenny Chesney but I bet he put on an awesome concert! I'm with you, I like the sound of Lady Antebellum and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting our future son-in-law!!!

Anderson said...

Top night is right, Cletus! I hadn't been to a concert in so long and had forgotten how much fun they are! We'll have to do it again sometime and make sure that your husband, Charles, hears us when we yell to him where his wife is sitting!

Thanks for posting!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Isn't Kenny Chesney married to an actress? Glad you had a good time. I couldn't begin to tell you how long ago I've been to a concert. I think it was Wayne Newton and Mary Beth and I took her Aunt Gladys and my mom! To be young again!
Connie

Grandma Cooper said...

Connie, that is sooo funny!! Wayne Newton - some of these kids probably don't even know who he is!! You and Mary Beth were way too rowdy back in your younger days!!! (Did they serve beer at that concert I want to know?!?!?!)

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

I'm not a huge concert person, but your post makes me want to go to one! Too much fun!!!

Brittany said...

I'm with you - not the biggest Kenny fan but I would've loved to have seen LA and Miranda!! Looks like you all had a great time!

Anonymous said...

You are in danger of having your Blog Hacked, use it or I will.

HA HA HA HA HA , Catch me if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kendall....I would like some updated information!!!

Jen Robinson said...

I concur...you need to update this thing!!!

I'd like to know what you've been up to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!