Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

Everybody- I would like you to meet Turner, my new puppy! He is eight months old and a Miniature Australian Shephard minus the miniature part. Scott says he's having a growth spurt! I got him on the 15th and it has really been an adjustment for me to go from being by myself to actually having something I have to go home for every night!
Turner (his name was Tyler but I decided to switch it) is a purebred but doesn't fit the requirments for a miniature so the breeder gave him to a gal who was interested in him. Well, the gal had him for a few months and decided she had too many dogs and knew I was looking for one so she called me up. I wasn't too excited about getting a dog in the coldest part of the year, but my friend Lexie talked me into just going and looking at him. Big mistake, I was pretty much sold when I saw him. We went and looked at him on Friday and after going back and forth a million times (I'm not exaggerating one bit, I went back and forth that many times) we picked him up on Monday. Now, Monday night was horrible. I didn't get to sleep until four in the morning and by Tuesday afternoon I was having a meltdown. I called my friend Lexie and first she told me to breath and then just told me to try it for a few more days and see how it goes (Kim said to give it a week and go from there.) Well, it's been a week now and Turner is truly an awesome dog. For coming straight from a farm to an apartment, he has been excellent. He has yet to make a mess in my place and really just wants to do whatever I ask of him. Him and Chester are on speaking terms now. Turner is actually quite scared of her and honestly I think Chester enjoys that power. I am excited to start teaching him some commands and tricks. He knows "sit" but that's pretty much it so the basics are what I'm going to work on next. I'm a little nervous because I've never done this before but it should be okay! Anyway..enjoy the pictures!
Love,
Kendall

If you look past the cuteness of my dog you can see my way cute Christmas tree! It's a little bigger than my one last year! And kudos to Kim and Kori for picking out the decorations!

Chester was not amused with my little present!

He's not a huge fan of toys yet- I don't think he really knows what to do with them, but he's learning!

You can't see it, but he's got one blue eye and one brown eye!

Wherever I am-there's Turner. He doesn't really leave my side which can be nice but also very annoying! He loves laying by the couch when I'm laying on it- I suppose it keeps him out of trouble!

And this is Chester the second day. Pretty sure she still wasn't too impressed- I don't think she moved from the windowsill for like three days!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Turner is so handsome! I love Australian Shepherds - they are just so neat-looking. I'm sure that Chester will warm up to him soon :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen Chester when you brought Turner home!! That must have been a sight! Do you take Turner for walks? (Love your tree!!) Mom

Anonymous said...

Turner looks like just the dog for you!! He's really cute and I'm sure you will enjoy him and his company (since you don't have your favorite auntie gail up there). And thank you for the birthday greeting, it was two days early but i loved getting it.

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

Crack me up! Chester is all like "It's bad enough when the kid is over here chasing me, but now I have to deal with this 4-legged slobbery fool in my home also."

Congrats on the new member of your family! I'm sure Nick will be jealous since I won't let him have another dog!!

Anonymous said...

I love the looks of that dog. I think it is the nature of that breed to always want to be close to the one they love, our two are that way. Remenber dog is God spelled backwards. Dad

Anonymous said...

Kendall~

Turner is so cute! He really looks like a nice pup. I have wanted an Aussie for the last few years (mini or standard...I don't care). When you come visit me you can bring him with since I have lots of room for him to run around outside. :)

Hopefully I will get to come up north sometime this winter so I can meet him!!!

Love and miss you!!!
~Jen

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I hear what you are saying about having to be with you all the time. Leah is like that. She follows me everywhere so by the end of the day I am really annoyed!! I still love her though! Cannot wait to meet him!

Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

chester's eyes look orange and yellow love you kendall bye

Anna

The Machlitt Family said...

Ok so who lifted chester onto the window sill, we all know he can not jump!

Ben

P.s. I see another Kendal "oh can I just keep him at your house for a few weeks" in my future.