Monday, February 2, 2009

Who says you can't have fun in -40* temperature!

Okay, so you all know a few weeks ago we up in Minnesota were dealing with negative 40* temperature, and that is not wind chill, just straight up that freezing cold! So one day at work the other girls I work with were telling me about blowing bubbles and throwing boiling water up in the air in this weather and what it would do. I'm easily amused and wanted to try it so my friend Lexie (whom I work with) and I got the bubbles out of the cupboard (yes, at a veterinary clinic we had bubbles) and boiled some water and set out to make some magic!
As you can see, the water freezes in the air! If you look at the building
you should be able to see "Clearwater Veterinary Service, LTD." but the water just freezes
and you can't see all of the letters!

Lexie throwing water up in the air!

Me throwing water up in the air!


If you look closely you can see the bubbles just chilling on the ground..they never popped!

Now if you look you can see some bubbles are half broken! CRAZY!


BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES!!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are able to amuse yourself way up nort!!! How cool, I love the bubble trick!! Can't wait to see you in a month!!
Love - Kori

Grandma Cooper said...

How crazy!!! We are at 14 below wind chill this morning and I had to get Kelly's old down coat on to walk over to work!! Looking at these pictures, I was glad to see you at least put some gloves on eventually!! What a doofus!!!! I'm sure one of the reasons all you guys up there are looking forward to Colby's baptism is because of our warmer weather!! Don't bring snow with you!!!! Can't wait to see you!!

Grandma Cooper said...

Thought I might just say, also --
"Happy Birthday, Grandma Budke!!!!"

Anonymous said...

Randy and I wanted to try the water in the air thing but when it was cold enough here we couldn't bring ourselves to go outside!!! We are expecting 53 degrees this weekend!!! Can't wait!!

Love ya
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

I've never even done that Kendall. (maybe because I don't work with as fun of people as you) And, I actually didn't even know about the bubble trick. I'll have to wait until next winter to try it...Cuz I'm thinking positive about no more -40* this winter!

Love your MN Bestie!

Brittany said...

That is SO COOL!

Brittany said...

Literally. Didn't think to put that until after the first post :)

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

That is so not right, Kendall! Nick wants to know why anyone would purposely move to a tundra-like area that cold!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! never tried it myself but I will have to now!

Anonymous said...

Kendall~

I had never heard of doing the bubbles...but I did know about the boiling water trick. I'm glad you are experiencing a good old fashioned MN winter!!! We haven't had one this cold in a long time!!! It is supposed to be in the 30's to almost 40's above zero this weekend (down here anyway). YAY!!!!!!!

See you in a couple of weeks!
~Jen

Anonymous said...

he!he! they had stuff like that on the news!! was so cool!! and shown how fast everything was freezing!! yo have way to much fun at work!